Monday, January 25, 2021

My Way

And now, **** is here

And now I face, the sweetest moments

My dear, I'll say it clear

I'll state my love, of which I'm certain

I live, a life that's full

I traveled hard of every highway

But more, much more than this

We did it our way


Regrets, I've had a few

But yet again, too sad to mention

I did what I had to do

And sail it through with Allah's guidance

We plan, each chartered course

Each careful step along the byway

But more, much more than this

We did it our way


Yes, there'll be times, I'm sure you knew

To gamble more, more than I could do

But through it all, when there was doubt

I pray to God, and give my all

We'll face it all and we'll stand tall

And did it our way


We love, we laugh and cry

We'll have our time, the share of losing

Back then, reading our texts

I find it all too amusing

To think I did all that

And what I said, not in a shy way

Oh no, no that was me

I did it my way


For what makes a man, what have I got

If not *****, then I has naught

To see the things, she truly feels

And give her words, that she believes

The writing shows, we took the blows

And did it my way

No comments:

Post a Comment